Der Singletrail zum Festkogl ist von der Talstation der Festkogl Bahn zur Bergstaion über eine ca. 2 m breite, sehr steile, steinige Schotterstrasse beidseitig befahrbar. Man folgt zunächst der Biketour zum Festkogl (653). Am Ende des Weges, auf 2.890 m, entschädigt der Blick auf die umstehenden Dreitausender für die Mühen. Ein letzter Check der Bremsen – und ab geht’s auf die rasante Abfahrt des Singletrails.
Tips and hintsMore details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
EquipmentAppropriate Equipment Rules! We strongly recommend to wear protective bike gear (knee and elbow pads, helmet, back protector, ...) on all lines, trails, enduro tracks and mountain bike routes within the BIKE REPUBLIC SÖLDEN. Enter the Republic only with a bike that meets current quality standards.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.