Night owls and cross-country skiers are strongly recommended to head for Oberried and its marvelous 3 km night track. What's best, it is floodlit daily from 5.00 pm to 9.00 pm.
Nordic skiing in Längenfeld / Gries
Nordic Skiing Tracks & Courses
The wide open fields and meadows are a real winter paradise when it comes to Nordic sports. At about 1200 meters above sea level passionate cross-country skiers can choose from 40 kilometers of immaculate Nordic skiing tracks awarded with the official Tirolean Quality Seal. Wonderful cross-country skiing is ensured on the huge valley floor. Guests staying in the Ötztal can use all Nordic skiing tracks for free.
Tip for night owls
Correct behaviour on the cross-country trails
- Consideration for other winter sports enthusiasts: Every cross-country ski trail user must behave in a manner that does not harm or endanger others at all times.
- Observing the signs and direction of travel: Every cross-country ski trail user must follow the markings and signposts. On cross-country ski runs, please follow advised directions.
- Choice of lane: On double or multiple tracks, cross-country ski trail user have to ski in the right lane in a row. By the free running technique, skiers have to be in the right.
- Overtaking: You may overtake from the right or the left. The skier in front does not have to vacate the track for overtaking.
- Opposing traffic: If encountering oncoming traffic, each party has to give way to the right. On downhill sections with only one track, the ascending skier has to give way to the downhill skier.
- Using your ski poles: Keep your ski poles close to your body when overtaking, being overtaken or on encounters.
- Controlling speed and manner of skiing depending on conditions: Every trail user must adapt their speed and style of skiing to their ability as well as weather and terrain conditions. You should always keep sufficient distance from the trail user in front of you.
- Keep cross-country ski trail clear: Step out of the track if you are stopping. A trail user who has fallen must vacate the trail as quickly as possible.
- Conduct in case of an accident: Everyone is obliged to give assistance in case of an accident.
- Disclosure in case of accidents: Reporting the accident: everyone must disclose their personal details in case of an accident, regardless of whether or not they are responsible, a witness or directly involved.
Please keep the environment clean! Respect the nature and the wild animals.