PARISH CHURCH->Matau Track->PARISH CHURCH
Distance 2.1 km
The Nordic trail leads along Horlachbach brook (across the meadows), then slightly downhill to Gasthof Stuibenfall inn and back again to the starting point. From the Matau track you can also access the Sonnenplateau track leading across snowy hills.
Safety informationPlease pay attention to the current weather- & avalanche report: https://www.oetztal.com/de/winter.html &
Tips and hintsMore details about cross country skiing in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/langlaufen
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Niederthai:
- Car park Sennhof, chargeable € 5,- per day
32T 649129 5221247
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentEine entsprechende Ausrüstung wie atmungsaktive und dem Wetter angepasste Outdoor-Bekleidung, Wind-, Regen-, Schnee- und Sonnenschutz, Mütze und Handschuhe, ist für alle Wanderungen und Touren erforderlich. Die Mitnahme eines Erste-Hilfe-Paketes einem Handy und eventuell einer Tourenkarte, sowie bei Touren ohne Einkehrmöglichkeit von ausreichen Proviant ist notwendig.
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view