Short, family-friendly mountain bike tour on meadows and gravel roads.
Distance 7.6 km
Starting in the hamlet of Pill, you bike uphill along the Gurgler Ache river shore to Obergurgl. In Königsrain you cross the river for the first time. Depending on the season, the Ache changes its face dramatically: the calmly babbling waters turn into a rushing mountain brook during melting season in spring. In the summer, chances are that you can watch kayakers on their exciting ride through the milky floods. The Ache has its source on the glacier fields of Gurgler Ferner, Tirol's third largest glacier. That's also the reason why the grey and white water masses are called "glacier milk" in German. Behind the hamlet of Poschach you have to conquer a short but very strenuous climb, followed by an idyllic path to Bartbrücke bridge. After crossing the Ache again, you have already reached Obergurgl located at about 1900 meters. Additionally, Obergurgl is the highest parish village in all Austria.
Update: January 08, 2019
Tips and hintsMore details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
32T 655394 5195789
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view