PANORAMARESTAURANT HOCHOETZ -> OCHSENGARTEN
Distance 6.1 km
From the panoramic restaurant Hochoetz you walk down at the left hand side. Follow the forest road to Ochsengarten.
The forest road would be possible with a child carrier.
At the end of Ochsengarten is th nice playground "Ochsenbrunnen"
Safety informationModerate mountain trail; for sure-footed and experienced hikers. Good physical condition, mountain experience & mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary. Please pay attention to the current weather report: www.oetztal.com
Tips and hintsMore information about hiking in Ötztal at www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Ochsengarten:
- Ochsengarten Large public parking - opposite, or next to the valley station Ochsengartenbahn
- Ochsengarten in the center vis á vis from the tourist information office
32T 646281 5230559
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view