Umhausen -> Waalweg -> Umhausen
Distance 2.1 km
This walk starts right at the Bischoffsplatz car park. The climbing trail to the right of the Kneipphäusl snack station leads directly into Tauferberg forest. Once on top, a level trail forks off: the Waalweg Trail - a former irrigation ditch still flanked by a small brooklet - was used for watering the meadows in long past times. Follow the route until you get to the cart trail that leads back to the starting point.
Safety informationLeichter Wanderweg; für Einsteiger und Spaziergeher geeignet
Bitte beachten Sie den aktuellen Wetterbericht unter: https://www.oetztal.com/de/sommer.html
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads.
A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Umhausen:
- car park Bischoffsplatz, payable from 07:00 to 18:30
32T 646371 5221593
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view