- Route: climbing, footpath, route
- Requirements: stability, dizziness, condition, high alpine experience;
- Mountain path black, intermittent alpine route
- Difficulties: Passage at the Bachfallferner (in each case columns); Mountain guide recommended
- Equipment: normal hiking equipment, (depending on the circumstances) pimples, crampons; in any case rope;
- Huts: Winnebachsee Hut, Vordere Sulztalalm Hut (no overnight stay), Amberger Hut
- Acess / exit point: from Gries im Sulztal (municipality of Längenfeld) to the Winnebachsee hut (about 2.25 h ascent, about 1.75 h descent);
from Gries in the Sulztal (municipality of Längenfeld) to the Amberger Hütte (about 2 h ascent, about 1.5 h descent)
TIP OF THE DAY
Winnebachseehütte – Gries (1.569 Meter) – Winnebachseehütte
We recommend a walk through the hiking village of Gries towards the entrance of the village to visit the Maria Hilf pilgrimage church. On the way back you have the opportunity to take a look at the partial bronzerelief of the Nature Park at the end of Gries with interesting details about Gries.
Level, walking time: average hike, about. 2,5h
Altitude meters: 800 hm descent and ascent
Trittsicherheit, Schwindelfreiheit, Kondition, hochalpine Erfahrung; abschnittsweise alpine Route
Passage am Bachfallenferner (jeweils Spalten); Bergführer empfohlen!
Tips and hints
Did you know that…
... Bachfalle is a spectacular waterfall close to Winnebachseehütte?
More details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereLängenfeldl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Gries:
- Gries at the end of the village - free of charge