PANORAMARESTAURANT HOCHOETZ - Rotes Wandl - PANORAMARESTAURANT HOCHOETZ
Distance 1.7 km
Highest point2,012 m
Lowest point1,959 m
The hike starts at the panorama restaurant at the top of the Acherkogel cable car or Ochsengarten cable car. You follow the flat and prepared path to the vantage point "Rotes Wandl". From there you walk down to the Old Kühtaile Alm (no restaurant) and from there you follow the rising path back to the starting point.
Length: 1.5 km cleared panoramic circular trail
Hiking time: approx. 30 minutes
Level of difficulty: easy
Start/access: Panoramarestaurant Hochoetz
For kids the WIDIs MOVIESHUTTLE is a must-see!
Safety informationPlease have a look at the weather forecast and the avalanche bulletin: https://www.oetztal.com/de/winter.html & https://avalanche.report/albina-web/bulletin/2019-01-07?lang=de
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking next to the river (at the end of Oetz on the right hand side) – free of charge, but limited parking; camping prohibited
- Parking Oetz town center- parking fee
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Parking Oetz town center, the ticket is available at the tourist office Oetz.
- Parking at the Ochsengartencable car station. free parking, camping prohibited
32T 646287 5230524
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, wind-, rain-, snow- and sun protection, hat and gloves is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view