HINTERE FUNDUSALM -> Frischmannhut -> Köfler waal path -> Köfler Scharte -> HINTERE FUNDUSALM
Distance 6 km
Highest point2,208 m
Lowest point1,953 m
The hut-taxi takes you from Umhausen to the Hintere Fundusalm. The loneliness and the beauty of nature can be wonderfully enjoyed here. Green meadows and the crystal-clear Fundussee invite you to linger on a hot summer's day. There begins the trail to the Frischmannhut. Then the circular trail leads in the direction of Schwarze Wand and over the Köfler waal path, which is probably unique because of its exposed position above the tree line and the terrain (more than 50% consists of primary rocks) up to the Köfler Scharte at 2,084 m above sea level. From the saddle, a short path leads down to the Hintere Fundusalm, where you can again take the return trip to Umhausen by taxi. If you are still fit and you want to, you can walk down the wide forest path to Umhausen - walking time about two hours.
Köfler Jochwaal - This irrigation system was built in the middle of the 15th century to make better use of the fields and meadows.
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Umhausen the following parking facilities are available:
- car park Mure | free
- car park Bischoffsplatz | costs: € 5.00 per day
from 07:00 am - 18:30 pm
32T 643485 5219438
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is not hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view