Walk on the slightly ascending trail from Obergurgl, behind the tennis court in the foothills of the Ferwallhang slope, in northern direction to Ferwallbach bridge - or from the car park of Festkogl mountain gondola uphill towards the fork-off into the high altitude trail. Scenic Alpine rose meadows accompany you on a permanently rising trail into Königstal valley. At halfway you can also descend to the hamlet of Königsrain. In Königstal you cross the Königsbachklamm ravine on a small bridge, where a southern slope travels to the high Alpine plateau of Angerer Alm and the hotel resort of Hochgurgl. Continue on the Timmelsjoch road for a while until you reach the broadcasting tower: just opposite you take the descending route across marvelous Alpine rose meadows and stone pine areas to Weißenbachgraben gorge and the grass-covered ski run to Pillerseeweg trail or you return to Obergurgl.
Updated: May 28, 2018
Getting thereObergurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 654624 5192799
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Push the arrows to change the view