Geocaching Treasure hunt
Now kids of all ages should get ready for some memorable treasure hunting tours spread all over the Ötztal. You don't need a GPS device for this kind of treasure hunting tour but a Treasure Hunting Map available in the local Information Offices. And off you go!
On varied Treasure Hunting Routes there are numerous small treasures boxes hidden in the most secluded places. If you find all treasures hidden along the route you return to the local Information Office where you get your personal small treasure as a reward.
Ho to go on a Treasure Hunt?
Following the marked route you will discover small caches (treasure boxes). Each cache contains a log book and a riddle. Write the correct answers in the right box of your treasure hunting map. If you have solved all riddles you can pick up a small treasure at the Information Längenfeld.
The route is 5,7km long, walking time 2.5 - 3 hours
Längenfeld Treasure Hunt (GPS-Data):
- Cache 1: N47° 06.049‘ E 10°56.947‘ GPS-Daten
Secret tip: The marked tree, the bush and the stone are a single unit.
- Cache 2: N47° 06.334‘ E10° 57.048‘ GPS-Daten
Secret tip: The tree trunk and the huge stone live in harmony.
- Cache 3: N47° 06.255‘ E10° 56.952‘ GPS-Data
Secret tip:What does the witch hide here?
- Cache 4: N 47° 06.254‘ E 10° 56.4 45‘ GPS-Data
Secret tip: Here you shouldn‘t trust the signs showing to the right. Cross the stony footpath first, then continue towards the old well.
- Cache 5: N47° 06.358‘ E10° 56.362‘ GPS-Data
Secret tip: A big pile of stones is encircled by trees. If you pass the signpost you have already gone too far.
- Cache 6: N47° 06.336‘ E10° 56.190‘ GPS-Data
Secret tip: If you reach the fork-off just turn around and you‘ll discover the „deformation of the stones“ - what could be hidden here?
- Cache 7: N 47° 06.085‘ E 10° 56.085‘ GPS-Data
Secret tip: The tree with the red dot is watching both trails.
- Cache 8: N 47° 06.071‘ E 10° 56.420‘ GPS-Data
Secret tip: Hopefully you don‘t suffer from a birch pollen allergy. Watch out for the water! The fence can help you.
9for5 & 5for1
Real treasure hunters are invited to search for the coveted "9for5 & 5for1" caches within the whole Ötztal Valley. Caches are hidden in the region’s most scenic spots, and provide you with more detailed information on how to gather the special "Ötz-Taler" geo-coin while giving an insight into the great variety of Alpine landscapes in the Ötztal.
How can you obtain the special Ötztal geo-coin?
Nine cache boxes are hidden within the entire Ötztal. If you find five out of nine caches you receive the ultimate and well-deserved Ötztal geo-coin.
Where do you find the single "9for5&5for1" cache boxes?
Detailed coordinates for all 9 cache boxes are available here or on the Geocache Community homepage www.geocaching.com – for downloading to your GPS unit. For a quick overview of all cache locations you can download a map.
Where do you get the highly coveted Ötztal geo-coin?
Every "9for5 & 5for1" cache box contains a different clipper with a special pattern.
If you have collected at least 5 different clippers from five cache boxes you can pick up your Ötz-Taler geo-coin at the Längenfeld Information Office where you also get the stamp card for the entire route.
Coordinates: N 47° 04.939 E 010° 58.055
- This awesome place deserves its name: indulge in the "eagle's view" and enjoy this totally different perspective high above the valley. The wooden eagle gives you a warm welcome, taking you on a panoramic tour of the mountains following the traces of the Alpine eagle. Now you take the rope and ascend to the viewing platform, a few meters above the vantage point you will again meet the king of all birds.
- Thanks to small periscopes provided on the platform you can explore the different vegetation areas. Detailed information on the valley's and people's lively history are provided as well.
- Trail details
This easy trail travels along Kochlerweg Trail to the newly designed "Adlerblick" vantage point".
- An alternative route leads from the hamlet of Dorf (school) up to "Adlerblick": walk towards Längenfeld until you reach the underpass on the left (main road) and a trail fork. Keep to the right in direction Hemerach, Kockle and Hörndle. Follow the trail to "Adlerblick" for about 40 walking minutes.
- Please take care of nature on your walking and treasure hunting tour. Walk in single file on the edge of the meadow if the grass is high, and please don't leave the already existing/marked trails.
- Useful hint:
Find the one who gave the name to it ...
Coordinates: N 47° 01.543 E 010° 59.011
- A truly unrivaled and legendary experience amid unspoilt nature. The fabulous hiking trail high above Längenfeld's valley floor leads along a scenic route to the high Alpine pasturelands – the splendid "Ötztal Trail of Legends" is an absolute must for walking fans of all ages".
- Trail details
The theme trail starts at the Huben sports field. It's a one-hour walking tour ideal for families amid wonderful nature landscapes. Along the trail hikers find huge rocks with detailed information panels and larger-than-life sized figures giving an insight into 14 Ötztal legends deeply rooted in history.
- Walking time: approx. 1hour
- Useful hint:
Look carefully under the huge rocks behind the chapel ...