Sights, Art & Culture

Pestkapelle - zur heiligen Dreifaltigkeit

chapel , excursion tips

The chapel Pestkapelle was built in 1661 on the "Kropfbühel" in Längenfeld. In 1614 the plague broke out in Längenfeld. This was the reason to built the Pestkapelle to bury the victims of the disea over there.
In year 1670 the high altar and in 1770 the side altar in Rococo style were built by Hans Reindl.

The Chapel Pestkapelle is located in Oberried.

Starting point: Information Längenfeld
Walking time, both ways: approx. 45 minutes
Difficulty level: very easy
Difference in altitude: approx. 50 m

Opening Hours:
Info
01.05.2013 - 31.12.2021
Mo: 07:00-20:00
Tu: 07:00-20:00
We: 07:00-20:00
Th: 07:00-20:00
Fr: 07:00-20:00
Sa: 07:00-20:00
Su: 07:00-20:00
Today: 07:00 - 20:00

detail T +43 57200 300

Kaplaneikirche Maria Hilf in Gries

excursion tips , churches/monasteries/convents
Opening Hours:
Info
01.05.2010 - 31.12.2020
Mo: 08:00-18:00
Tu: 08:00-18:00
We: 08:00-18:00
Th: 08:00-18:00
Fr: 08:00-18:00
Sa: 08:00-18:00
Su: 08:00-18:00
Today: 08:00 - 18:00

detail

Lehner Wasserfall

excursion , waterfall , excursion tips

Powerful Waters Close-By
Roaring Alpine water cascades down 80 meters right into the deep gorge – formed a couple of million years ago. Pure energy and elemental force cast a spell over hikers and climbers.
The well-maintained hiking trail takes nature aficionados halfway up to the falls, offering double the fun: this is an experience in close touch with nature and water spray as well as a fantastic vantage point overlooking the waterfall‘s climbing area on the opposite part. Benches invite the tired hiker to take a rest or simply watch the cool sportsmen. A wooden platform at the upper end of the route provides great photo scenes. The hiking tour through the shady larch forest is easy and safe as it features a wooden handrail on the steeper sections.
A higher instance guards the trail. At the entrance to the Stations of the Cross walkers stop at Zarrach Chapel and then continue along the 14 wayside shrines to St. Mary‘s Grotto located on top.
Starting point: local heritage museum, hamlet of Lehn
Walking time, both ways: 50 minutes
Difficulty level: intermediate
Difference in altitude: 150 m

detail T +43 57200 300

Franz-Senn-Denkmal

various sights , excursion tips

To commemorate the founder of the Alpenverein, Pastor Franz Senn, a memorial was erected near the parish church.The birthplace of Franz Senn and the Franz Senn Memorial Chapel are located in Unterlängenfeld and are also reminiscent of the glacier priest.The Franz-Senn birth house can only be visited from the outside.

Opening Hours:
Info
18.02.2019 - 31.12.2021
Mo: 00:00-00:00
Tu: 00:00-00:00
We: 00:00-00:00
Th: 00:00-00:00
Fr: 00:00-00:00
Sa: 00:00-00:00
Su: 00:00-00:00
Today: 00:00 - 00:00

detail T +43 57200 300

Naturpark Bronzerelief-Ausschnitt

various sights

Directly at the point where the Winnebach ends into the Fischbach, interested people can learn about the habitat "Wild Water" but also about the function of the protection forest or the history of the mountain village Gries. The intersection of the glacier rivers is shown as a wooden model.

detail T (0043) 5253 20201

Naturpark Haus

museum/gallery

The new Naturpark Haus in Längenfeld sees itself as an information hub and competence center for Ötztal nature. The exhibition in the Naturpark House shows in a unique way the Ötztal biodiversity in all its facets. Special Ötztal plants, animals and habitats are explained as well as the geology and the rockfalls. The permanently present topic of water in the Ötztal is also presented in all its facets - from glaciers to lakes, rivers and bogs. In addition to bilingual (de / en) information boards, the contents are opened up via sensory impressions, eg by means of a listening station, touch screens, VR glasses, hologram and digital wall relief.
Admission: € 5,00/pers., € 2,50/child, reductions for families, partner companies, groups, etc.

Opening Hours:
Info
14.12.2020 - 11.04.2021
Mo: -
Tu: -
We: 10:00-17:00
Th: 10:00-17:00
Fr: 10:00-17:00
Sa: 10:00-17:00
Su: 10:00-17:00

detail T (0043) 5253 20201

Pfarrkirche Hl. Martin in Huben

excursion tips , churches/monasteries/convents

The parish church of St. Martin in Huben was built instead of a baroque church in 1805-31. Surrounded by the cemetery, the three-bay, simple hall building has been equipped in 1870 with a high east tower. In 1816 ceiling paintings were added in the church and in 1820 a high altar.

Opening Hours:
Info
01.05.2010 - 31.12.2021
Mo: 08:00-18:00
Tu: 08:00-18:00
We: 08:00-18:00
Th: 08:00-18:00
Fr: 08:00-18:00
Sa: 08:00-18:00
Su: 08:00-18:00
Today: 08:00 - 18:00

detail

Albin Egger-Lienz Themenweg

museum/gallery , excursion tips

Thematic trail along the Fischbach promenade in Längenfeld
This path was dedicated to the painter Albin Egger-Lienz, who spent many summer months in Längenfeld.

detail T (0043) 57 200 300

Felsensteig Strelesperre am Fischbach

excursion , buildings , various sights , viewpoints/viewing platforms

Elated Moments at the giant White Water Swirls
First the mountain brook shows its most gentle side. Bubbling waters meandering through the larch forest, until Fischbach brook reaches the huge detention basin and the up to six meter thick dam wall with all its elemental power. Tree trunks, scree and boulders dashing against the pyramid-shaped wall – a brilliant invention dating back to 1928!
Murmuring and rushing sounds are omnipresent in this water swirl area!
It’s hard to leave this enchanting platform towering high above the dancing waves. Step on the new wooden stairs and walk towards the next Place of Strength – the Suspension Bridge.
The serviced Brandalm and the small chapel, offering uninterrupted views, make a perfect rest stop before you cross the thrilling Suspension Bridge. From Burgstein, the sunny high altitude plateau, you walk down along the never-ending Iron Chain featuring the names of all regular guests who restore energy in Längenfeld habitually.
Starting point: Längenfeld center, Fischbach Bridge, follow “Strelesperre” signs
Walking time: round tour from/to starting point, 2,5 hours
Difficulty level: easy
Difference in altitude: 280 m

detail T +43 57200 300

Sagenweg

excursion , various sights , excursion tips

The fire-spitting dragon
The journey is its own reward – here it is true!
Behind every corner walkers can discover a new mystic figure dating back to Ötztal‘s long history in story-telling. The trail features 14 stations with life-sized fabled figures that are made from scrap metal by Annemarie and Günther Fahrner. Information panels display more detailed information on the single characters from old Ötztal tales – like “Wildes Mandl“, the mystic local, or “Engelswand“ rock face.
The ascent seems easier than expected as there are new highlights in a row: the headless horseman, the 5.5-meter tall dragon or the mystic little guy accompany hikers to the scenic wedding chapel made of wood and glass.
Picture-book natural landscapes go hand in hand with the stylish ambiance of Alpengasthof am Feuerstein. The private wine cellar – interspersed with huge rocks – is in perfect harmony with romantic candles creating a very special kind of magic.
Please note: The Trail of Legends is not illuminated!
Starting point: Huben football field, next to campsite
Walking time, both ways: 2 hours
You can also return on the broad forest road
Difficulty level: intermediate
Difference in altitude: 430 m

detail T +43 57200 300

Advertisement

We use cookies to make our website as user-friendly as possible. If you continue we assume that you agree to the use of cookies on our website. More detailed information can be found in our privacy policy.